Is there something in here you identify with?
- I grew up in a single-parent family with very little money.
- I’ve been single, I’ve been married, I’m single again.
- I’m a mother, daughter, sister, friend.
- I’ve rented, I’ve owned a house, I currently have a mortgage.
- I’ve worked for the public service and in private industry in Tasmania and the UK.
- I’ve worked full time, part time, on casual contracts, I’ve been a stay at home mother, I’ve now left the workforce.
- I’m on a fixed income.
- I drive an 8 year old Barina.
- I have a minor disability (but it means I get to use a really cool walking stick).
I’ve lived life and have the life experiences to show for it and to better understand the people I represent.